Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Speak like a child

Out of all the things that have happened in the past year or three, there has been a single thing that made me feel like a real adult, made me realize I'm on the brink of being a "grown-up". Not getting my first paycheck, not starting college, not signing the lease for my first place, but driving around downtown Milwaukee. In the driver's seat, looking at the gigantic buildings and navigating the sprawling intersections, something I had only experienced from the backseat of a mini-van in the past. I'm not sure what that says about me.

Roommate the Second is working through a bout with what, if I had to make a guess, is probably typhoid. I fear that I may be the next to feel Disease's withered claw grasp my throat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment