Thursday, October 1, 2009

That's okay because that's all right.

(This evening at work.)

Borders Second-in-Command: Hey Alex, are you able to work at all tomorrow? We'd need someone 2-7 or 2-8.

Alex's Id: Nah, I'd rather sit around the house.

Alex's Ego: The responsible thing to do would be to come into work, you know.

Id: What? You have Friday off. Greater men than you have tried and failed to get Fridays off!

Ego: That's well and good, but I do have plenty of work to do here.

Id: You were going to have a lazy day! The Internet's not going to surf itself, after all!

Ego: And how do you propose we pay for that Internet, and indeed, that house we use it in?

Id: Fine, there's errands and schoolwork you could do...

Ego: Now that's pathetic. You and I both know we're not going to be doing any of that. We're going into work tomorrow.

Id: Well fine. She said you could work the 2-7 shift, that's five hours! You'd be back home before you know it!

Ego: I'll take 2-8. That way I get a break and I get a little more pay. End of discussion.

Id: *pouts*

Alex: Yeah, I can do 2-8 tomorrow.

Borders Second-in-Command: Oooooookay. Thanks a lot.

--------------

I'm so glad that Hulu puts up The Daily Show and The Colbert Report immediately the next day. This way, I can sit at home and watch them at 10 and 10:30 in the evening, just like at my parents' house! Except on a laptop! And in a less-than-comfy chair!

And they say Jon Stewart has a democratic bias. He just spent half the show cracking jokes about how the Democrats haven't gotten shit accomplished this year.

In other news, my life has recently become clear again. Existence has meaning once more. They are opening a Five Guys burger restaurant within WALKING DISTANCE from my house. I now consider my choice to move out fully and completely justified.

0 comments:

Post a Comment