Wednesday, October 7, 2009

'Cuz you can't get anywhere without practice.

I have an exam tomorrow. This one is for English 291 - Introduction to Television Studies. I'm studying for it now, and by "studying", I of course mean Internetting while having the UWM D2L site and a study guide open in the other tabs. I don't think I'm going to bother.

Eins, I watch loads of TV. Have been for years now. I like to think I know what's going on.

Zwei, I took loads of film classes and not much changes between film and TV. And this is all from memory now, same basic lighting scheme (key, fill, and back lights), same seven types of shots (extreme long, long, medium long, medium, medium close-up, close-up, extreme close-up), and TV directors still follow the 180 degree rule as well as the 30 degree rule. (Though Castle did break it the other night.)

Drei, the study guide was just a plain ol' list of terms (95% of which I knew) and the whole thing was written without a single capital letter. It's like she didn't even try.

In other news, I really liked this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment