Friday, October 16, 2009

"I don't know what this even is!" "Drink it, you'll be fine!"

So there may have been drinking last night. But only because our dear friend turned 21 and I found it unacceptable that I be sober when I went out of my way to not have to drive to the venue. I will neither confirm nor deny the possibility that Karoake was involved. There was, however, an expedition to meet this guy. Also I can tell you that the threat of public urination was a very real threat for a little bit. I may have been overenthusiastic as I did not really get the traditional 21st birthday blowout due to circumstances beyond my or anyone's control and I'm really susceptible to peer pressure.

At work, I found that some customer, in their own little "Fuck you" to the Democrats, turned around the faced-out copies of The Audacity of Hope and then further obscured them by putting this book in front of them. I know creative book shelving is how I deal with all MY problems. And, increasingly, alcohol.

My roommates are having fun and talking, but here I am on the computer by myself. I've only been at work for ten goddamn hours and important news may have happened on THE INTERNET! Like the fact that the Unicorn Gundam apparently only comes with its bazooka, so you have to buy the Unicorn Gundam Destroy Mode too, if you want the Beam Magnum - I ask you, IS THAT JUSTICE?

In other news, I interrupted my reading of Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jhumpa Lahiri's The Namesake so that I could read this. I'm the worst English major ever.

That's Futuristic Imagination Industries, offering you more links-per-paragraph than the leading brand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment