Saturday, October 10, 2009

In which our hero is accused of being a racist.

At Borders, if you are a member of our club, you get coupons. Lots of them. They offer a discount on any one item. I had to clarify this to a customer who proceeded to act like I was trying to pull one over on her. I respond with slight curtness. She yanks her bag from my hands and walks off in a huff.

This is where I stick my tongue out at her departing back. Supervisor sees this, but shrugs it off. Twenty minutes later, he tells me about a call he received. Customer had called back and claimed she was treated very rudely (and here's the best part) because of the fact that she was African-American. This same supervisor was there while I rang her up, which she must have realized, because she asked for a different supervisor and hung up after being told there was no one else on duty. Supervisor tells me he knows it's BS and then says "I don't think she saw you stick your tongue out, though."

So that was fun.

OMG, Flashforward last night? Totally Godwined itself. And it took them only three episodes to introduce a Nazi! This is right after episode two, with Mysterious-Evil-Guy-Holed-Up-In-An-Abandoned-Doll-Factory-Because-That's-Creepy-Right? trying to kill our heroes.

And speaking of Heroes, shit went down. Sylar's back which is good, Hiro discovers the futility of his power (also good), Tracy is lame (par for the course), and Claire ambles around with no discernible plot function again.

Tekken 6 is out in about two weeks, and it'll fulfill my annual quota of three (3) video games a year to be super excited about, along with February's excellent Killzone 2 and the upcoming probably-excellent Assassin's Creed II. I've been playing the Tekken series since I could express my age on my fingers and I'm eagerly anticipating this installment. It's likely to be the best Tekken game since Tekken 5. If only because you can play as a fat guy and a cyborg teenage girl with chainsaws for hands

0 comments:

Post a Comment