Sunday, December 6, 2009

Japan has too much of my money

The majority of my model kit building comes during the school vacations. There's not as much time during the school year to actually put effort into stuff, other than for the odd 1/144 kits like the Gundam 00 stuff.

Kits that'll be coming once exams and papers are done:



I won a HGUC NT-1 Gundam "Alex" in an eBay auction. Someone with "neither the time nor interest" was getting rid of some stuff he never built. Despite being in this business for awhile, I never quite got to the one Mobile Suit that actually bears my name. I don't know what the lore is behind nicknaming the Gundam "Alex", but it'll help set the stage for the HGUC Kaempfer I plan on getting next year.



I primarily consider myself a 1/100 Master Grade collector, but those kits usually only come after holidays or major windfalls given the amount of effort you have to put into it in order to come up with something that looks decent. The Unicorn Gundam is one I'm way excited about, due to being able to transform it between Under and Destroy modes. It's a Katoki-style kit which means it comes with sheets and sheets of tiny little "Warning: If you can read this, a giant robot is about to step on you" decals, but I'll be eschewing them to go with a more true-to-the-animation look.



And of course, getting the Unicorn, I have to get its nemesis, the Sinanju. I'm really looking forward to this one. It's huge, has oversized weapons, and its a fantastic design. Not sure what I'm going to do with all the gold trim though. I feel silly using all of the little stickers for them, but I don't know if I trust my painting skills enough to bust out the Leaf Gold Paint.

And finally, there's a mystery project, the identity of which is unknown even to me! Fun stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment