Wednesday, December 16, 2009

You should probably go

As I started writing this entry, I went and checked PAWS to remind me what my class titles were. And one of the closed classes totally opened up! Real lucky timing here. Shakespeare teacher basically said that he was so awesome and had too many students looking to get into his totally kick-ass class, so too bad, you snooze you loose. Which is fine I guess, but you guys should really offer more sections of a class that is required for EVERY ENGLISH MAJOR. Schedule for Spring 2010, semester the sixth, looks like this.

MONDAY:
12:00 - 1:50 ENGLISH 316: World Cinema - "Hong Kong Cinema"
2:00 - 3:15 ENGLISH 366: Non-Fiction Prose - "The (Not So) New Journalism"

TUESDAY:
9:30 - 10:45 ENGLISH 378: Survey of Current Literary and Cultural Theory
11:00 - 12:15 JMC 214: Advertising in American Society
2:00 - 3:15 COMPSCI 150: Survey of Computer Science

WEDNESDAY:
12:00 - 1:50 ENGLISH 316: World Cinema - "Hong Kong Cinema"
2:00 - 3:15 ENGLISH 366: Non-Fiction Prose - "The (Not So) New Journalism"

THURSDAY:
9:30 - 10:45 ENGLISH 378: Survey of Current Literary and Cultural Theory
11:00 - 12:15 JMC 214: Advertising in American Society
2:00 - 3:15 COMPSCI 150: Survey of Computer Science

And I'm totally in the same class as my roommate! I have a guaranteed friend in Computer Science! This sort of thing never happens, as all my friends are in lame majors like History or Art. I am way excited.

All my papers are done. One was on dead babies, another was on House and how everyone lies, the third was on the inevitability of death and the final one was on LGBT people. One of these things is not quite like the others. All that remains are two traditional exams on Monday and then we're done.

I beat Assassin's Creed 2 (the rest of the sentence is spoiler country), and I've gotta say that it is possibly the best game I've ever played that let's you both hang out with Niccolo Macchiavelli and assassinate Pope Alexander VI.


So I ring up three copies of the latest issue of Shonen Jump for this guy, and I know full well that the only reason you buy the magazine in bulk is to sell the free Yugioh card at ridiculous prices. So I casually call him on it. He confirms this and proceeds to tell me that they're "finally making the God cards".

HOLY DAMMIT CHRISTMAS WHAT THE FRICK.

It's been a while since I was on the Yugioh "scene" (this would be about High School), but I remember the God cards. They were introduced in the show as the most powerful cards in all existence and while they were printed for the actual game, they didn't have the actual effects and abilities written on the card and were thus not tournament legal. But the cards they are giving away now are totally legal and the effects are totally listed in tiny 5-point font. What the hell, Konami? You used to be cool.

The blog is free, nobody's forcing you to read this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment