Thursday, November 19, 2009

I am just the worst

In class today, I was the only one in my small group, a small group otherwise made up entirely of young college girls mind you, who knew that the werewolf in Twilight is named Jacob and is supposed to be Native American. They're supposed to be the Twilight experts here, not me! Clearly Borders, pimp of all things vampire-related has poisoned me and all of my friends must stay away. The disease is already inside me.

So, Facebook. The wonders of technology. It's at the point where all you could conceivably need are a face and a place where they frequent (like, say, UWM) and bam. If you're willing to do a little digging, you can learn their name, birthday, dating status, and whether or not they think The Dark Knight is a pretty good movie. We are this close from having an iPhone app that allows you to take a picture and it will then automatically search the internet for data on any object or person that appears in the frame, turning your phone into what is basically Boba Fett's helmet. Or the Eden of the East system.

It strikes me as a good thing that apparently Facebook and iPhones do not exist in the Death Note world, because Kira could just as easily have Googled all of his opponents and not gone through with all the Xanatos Gambits to learn their names. I was able to do it with just a login onto Facebook. Fortunately, I do not have a Death Note, just a mildly creepy tendency towards e-stalking.

House was pretty great, and I can't say I'm terribly sad over Cameron leaving. I'm annoyed that they got her married only to write her out eight episodes later, but I'll get over that. Taub and Thirteen are back, who sort of cancel each other out, so we'll see where the new and improved team goes.

Heroes? Matt trying to get himself killed in order to kill Sylar is probably one of the more badass and heroic things he's done, given his past moral ambiguity. And the trend of characters having IQs inversely proportional to the strength of the power they currently have or are pursuing is maintained.

0 comments:

Post a Comment