Monday, November 16, 2009

It's rude, it's unprofessional, and worst of all, he's neglected to introduce me!

Borders? Not a decent substitute for a singles club. In case you were wondering.

Apparently hiring out family/friends/hobos off the street to assist with the dishes for you has become a matter of course in the Butschli-Zentner-Dhein household. Perhaps next I'll go out and get help when it comes time to do the laundry.

This time could be used to study for the impending Intercultural Communications exam, but there is slightly more appeal in complaining to the Internet (mostly Facebook, which is a territory of the Internet).

I really like my British Literature class, and I really like the instructor, but she changes her mind far too much. I was doing decently well with Jean Rhys's Good Morning, Midnight, but then she up and decides that we're going to read Evelyn Waugh's A Handful of Dust instead. I do not actually possess that novel, and my adventures between yesterday and today have failed to yield it.

Between the UWM Library, Boswell Books down the street, the Shorewood Public Library which I don't have a library card for, Downtown Books (which is otherwise an amazing place), and the East Milwaukee Public Library which I don't have a card for either, there is not a single copy of A Handful of Dust available. And there's no way I'm going down to work to buy it.

Please.

So I'm going into class armed with nothing but Wikipedia (and maybe Sparknotes, if I'm feeling dedicated enough). Wonderful.

On the Season DVD Box Set that is my life, you could probably safely skip this episode. Three stars, at best. Really just filler.

0 comments:

Post a Comment