Monday, November 30, 2009

"We'd have a funny story to tell people, at least." "Yeah, unless we DIE."

Thanksgiving was boring. Like usual. Moving on.

In my three holiday seasons of working retail, this was definitely the lamest post-Thanksgiving weekend I've worked. Black Friday was pretty tame, namely because we at the bookstore didn't have anything really interesting to sell and something something economy.

Not even a single customer trampled to death. Not much in the way of craziness, though I did get to utter the sentence, "Yes, sometimes books do have pictures in them, and yes, the price is clearly printed on the back" to some lady over the phone. And yes, I did get the guy who angrily snapped at me for answering his question with the phrase "pretty much". He had only asked if the price on the sticker was the same as the price printed on the jacket. Ask a stupid question.

But that's actually a disappointing turnout, because I know for a fact that the good people of Fox Point, Wisconsin can crank the crazy up to 11 when they want to.



OH HEY GUESS WHAT. I figured out how to make the Description line up at the top of the blog display random phrases! Go ahead, hit Refresh and try it! SHUT UP THIS IS AWESOME.

I think I'm-a gonna go make dinner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment