Tuesday, November 24, 2009

People who are not us are generally terrible people

There is no better way to spend an evening than to be furiously and relentlessly judging every single awful person that walks into Five Guys Burgers. Especially when you and your roommate have already ordered and eaten half an hour ago and have naught to do but eat the free peanuts and watch people until House comes on.

(House was excellent, by the way.)

(Like it's ever not)

(Has anyone ever bought a Hot Dog from Five Guys anyway? Why would you?)

(Parentheses)

Things I hate: People who hold the door open for you when you're still like a mile away from the door. You're suddenly obligated to pick up the pace and get through the door so you can stop wasting their time. They thought they'd be nice to you, but they didn't realize that you were so far behind so pick up your fat butt and get over here already.

The Road is supposed to be out today, which is the 25th, despite what this entry's timestamp will tell you. But it's not. Neither of the theaters within walking distance are showing it, even though they totally had posters up for it for the last month. And if movietickets.com is to be believed, not a single theater within 40 goddamn miles is showing it. How long do I need to wait before seeing Cormac McCarthy's masterpiece on the big screen by way of Viggo Mortensen acting like a crazed hobo?

On the subject of books, Zadie Smith has a book of essays out and I kinda want it. Even though I'm not much of an essay reader. The author is way awesome, though, so maybe I'll borrow it from work.

Aaaand Josh just left with his parents for Thanksgiving festivities. Cody has already left for work and will be heading straight for home as well. This leaves me alone in my apartment with very little to do until tomorrow morning when I head home for my own family's Thanksgiving, something that is a fairly minor affair in the Butschli household.

I don't even like turkey.

I shall use it to recharge my powers in preparation for the impending Blackest of Fridays and the following Saturday of the Damned, which I'm sure will provide endless material for later postings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment